Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Doctor's Apt.

Today I had my first appointment that starts everyweek from here to the end. Is it really almost the end?  The thought tha tit is almost the end is a bit crazy but verry exciting. I have never beenone to enjoy pregnancy much and feeling pregnant for almost two years straight does not help at all. At the doctors appointment they were going to do my Group b test so I asked if they could just check me then as well. They complied and I was told that I was a 3 and a half and 80 percent effaced. I was in complete shock. I thought that maybe I had progressed but in no way did I think hey I am going to go into labor within a week. That is how I felt. Emotions over came me of every sort. I am not ready, I have to get ready. With this was ups and downs of wmotions. I thought about going from one kid to two a good amount before this appointment and my fears of having to neglect one kid to care for the other in greater need.

After the emotions steetled I went to work I asked my neighbor to come over and help me get things ready so I  could be prepared since last time Isaac came two weeks early and lets just say I was less than ready. Thanks to some great friends I came home to everything ready and ceaned. This time though I did not want to have to worry about having other people take care of things for me. My neighbor who came over was great we started finding all the baby stuff needed, washing the carseat, vaccuming and whatever else was on my list. It was about 5pm and I said that I did not feel right or good so I asked if she could get me some jello and she did. It did not have the relieveing affect I thought it would so I decided to take a bath, usually that helps.

The bath did not help so I got out and almost immediately started throwing up into the tub. This was the start to a very sick evening.

I called the doctors and they said to take a bath and drink lots of water. Uh that is what I just did. I tried drinking more water and got through a good 32oz or more. Still was not feeling well so I asked my neighbor to help with Isaac because Ben had to go to work a few hours earlier. We had it planned that he would be going to pick up the plastic tote to put all the baby clothes into after work. My plan to be ready tonight.

I was sick enough and not keeping anything down that Finally my neighbor called Ben to come home, she was a bit more concerned than I but still I was having other people take care of me and Isaac and they had families to tend to as well.

Ben cacme home and put Isaac to bed and he too was not feeling very well. I continued to throw up and asked him to just sleep out in the living room with me because I did not want to move. He did and it was a good thing too because I did not stop throwing up at all that night. At some late hour after putting Isaac to bed we heard him and we thought that he might haven thrown up too. Usually we do not go in and check on him after he is down however both of us were pretty sure he was throwing up. So Ben wen to go check on him and indeed at the same time Isaac was throwing up so was I. I gave up and called another friend to change the sheets because there was no way that Ben could do it all. It was just crazy, and in the mean time Ben was feeling worse. After many hours of this I called the doctors again and I was told to do a kick cocunt. She wanted me to feel for the baby's movement for a hour and see if the baby moved 10 times and if not drink and repeat the next hour. I thought that I was pretty close and if not the baby was moving so I tried to get some sleep. At so,e point after much throwing up I stopped and Ben continued.

1 comment: