Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Cutting teeth

So back in December I had a coupon for a baby toothbrush, so I bought it thinking we would be using it soon because Isaac was going to have teeth. Ha wrong he was 6 months then and guess what just barely as of a couple of days ago has he even started cutting teeth. I have realized the difference between teething and cutting teeth. Oh my just whiney and sad no matter what so not fun and food even hurts. Poor guy everything I tried helped but hurt. I tried it all of and he was sick and not napping well so when it rains it pours.

I was at the store and thought I wonder if wal mart actually has the toothpaste I need for him in stock and low and behold they finally did. I picked it up and was pretty happy. I am very concerned about bottle rot and tooth problems that little kids have because their parents do not help them establish good hygiene habits young. I was waiting to set a bedtime routine until he got teeth but that came too late. I started a bed time routine and took away the binky so he was getting put to sleep with a bottle. Now that teeth are a couple of days away I can no longer do that with him..... I will not have the milk coat his teeth as he sleeps. Hence the tooth brush before bed. I am just trying to figure out how to give him a bottle not before nap. He is a really busy boy and does not take a bottle well outside of his room in his chair with music.

Today we started to change the order and add brushing his teeth before naps and bed. Poor guy just wants to has his binkey and or bottle before bed. I feel like a bad mom but really he does just fine without. So now I tried with a bottle about an hour befoe bed brush his teeth and sit with him with his music on with a sippy cup with water in it. Not so soothing, however he still went to bed just fine and perhaps this is how he will learn to self sooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment