Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Baby steps

My neighbor told me a long time ago to have me and Ben sit a bit apart and have Isaac walk in between us to help build his confidence. I liked the idea and just never did it, well she and I did it and oh it worked well. She was very concerned that Ben would want to be there for the first but he is busy and I needed to see how well it worked. A few days later I did it with Ben, Isaac responded really well and would get really excited when he was near us. Mostly at the time he was the leaning tower of Isaac. He would just lean and lean until we caught him. As we did this more and more we saw great progress and studder steps. This morning we did it and Isaac would actually take real steps in between us. Usually he would just get so excited and distracted. He tries to run without the ability to do so. At two different times Isaac would be standing and thinking and then he took a step all on his own with no parental motivation. So exciting hopefully the rest comes soon. Yesterday I caught him learning how to stand up in the middle of the room with nothing to support himself. He is getting so big. I keep wondering about potty training... I tease about it being time since he knows how to pull off the toilet paper , flush the toilet, and now open up the toilet seat. I am also working with him to sign so that he can communicate his frustrations with us instead of scream.

1 comment:

  1. So exciting!! Maybe he'll be walking around like a pro by the time I come to visit. I've heard from a few moms that the first sign they saw of their kid being ready for potty training is that they didn't wet their diaper through the night. I don't know if he's to that point...but it sounds like he has some of the other basics down! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete